Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Lord Of The Idiots

Thought I'd wow you with the title of this entry, seeing as its been close to a month since the last post.

But I'm still here, churning it out from the 'Ville. A lot has happened -- this is typically the most nightmarish month for me personally. Always has been. As a kid I hated -- ABSOLUTELY HATED -- the thought of going back to school. I hated the end of summer. Now, its the busiest for me at work. Four media guides to publish. Meeting new athletes and getting to know them sufficiently so I can answer questions if needed. A new school year with new challenges and deadlines.

Blah, blah, blah -- and no time for blogging.

So I'm making time this morning. I draw my inspiration this morning from the big news event of the week -- the almighty Democratic National Convention.

In celebration of the DNC, the Democrats' flagship station -- CNN -- had the almighty idiot Bill Maher on as a guest of Larry King Sunday night. Don't ask me how I happened to find the channel, because I never watch CNN usually. Just one of those dips in the wave of channel surfing I guess.

I also normally couldn't tell you what Maher says or believes because whenever I see him on TV, it takes about a half-second to get him off the channel. There are a lot of idiots out there in this world, Republican, Democrat, or somewhere in-between. The world is full of them.

But this guy has to be lord of the idots.

Again, I don't have a whole lot to say about his appearance on Larry King Sunday, but I saw enough to tell you this. The guy is delusional. If you want to know what Bill Maher stands for, go as far left as you possibly can, then shoot a missile even farther left and go out there where it lands. Then drive several hundred miles farther left and you'll find his little mud hut out there somewhere I guess.

The main thing that is hard to stomach on TV is that this guy never misses a chance to bash God. Bill Maher is an atheist apparently. He refers to God always with an "if" in front of it, as though there's a question.

But here's the thing, Bill. The great thing about God is that he still loves people like you. And me, for that matter. No matter what you say or do, no matter how much money you make bashing him over the airwaves, God still loves you. No matter how big of a coward you are, God still loves you.

That's because God is Lord of all -- and yes, Lord of the idiots like you.

It's good to be back... more this week, hopefully, on more pleasant subjects like the first day of school. Wow, never thought I'd say that.

1 comment:

CDJ said...

Good post. Critical, yet compassionate. This is why we get along.

uh, how you gonna post at 6 somethin' A of M??
or do you post date the time so it looks like you do it BEFORE "work". hmmmm.
I guess the only way to know for sure is to wake up early and check your blog...
Nyeh!